CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nassau Bahamas

My best friend Heather on our girls cruise. We took a moment to relax at the "One & Only" hotel in Nassau
The Pier at Love Beach


Eating at Compass Point


David showing off the Bus Stop at Love Beach


Excursions--They can be really fun but kinda pricey--especially if you have a big group with you. I have had a few people ask what we have done on the islands. So I will break it down for each Island.

On our first cruise, we did not do any excursions. We were a bit overwhelmed! Sometimes I like to book through the boat and sometimes I like to do it on my own. Whatever you decide be prepared to do a little research.

I have been to Nassau several times. I have done something different each time. I have been to the Straw Market. A lot of cheap knock-offs. Be prepared to be haggled. Kinda fun but everything starts looking the same.

I have also been to the Atlantis Hotel and into the Aquarium. The first time we went there, our ship stayed overnight at this port. We had heard if you go after 7:00 pm you can walk through the Aquarium for free. This usually runs about $40 per person. This is exactly what we did! We took a car-taxi over there and we had plenty of time to walk through.

When we were on the island again, we took a tour through the ship. It was defiantly not worth the $50 we paid.

On a different occasion I was with my friend Heather and we had heard that Cabbage Beach was great! So we decided to head over there. We took a water taxi over to Atlantis and walked to Cabbage beach from there. It was a nice beach but the drawback is that 4 other ships had docked that day and that is were everyone went. It was very crowded. If you go there walk a little further down the beach and it will get less crowded. If you stop in front of "One & Only" hotel you can use their bathrooms.

Our last time in Nassau, we wanted to do something different. We researched beaches that were not so popular. Love Beach was were we wanted to go this time. Once you get off the ship, there a tons of taxi drivers trying to get you into their cars. They charge quite a bit. And their answer to everything is "yes." I wanted to talk to someone who was not trying to make money off of me. We went into the Hilton hotel and spoke with the man at the concierge desk. He told us the Taxi's would charge us up to $100 to take us to love beach, wait for us and then take us back. He suggested we take the city bus out there. It would be about $2 per person each way. He showed us were to pick it up. Once we arrived at the bus station we spoke with one of the locals to make sure we were in the right place. We told him what we wanted to do. When the bus came, he spoke with the bus driver letting him know where we wanted to go. We would be his last stop as it was very far north on the island. He dropped us off right in front of Compass Point hotel which opened up to Love Beach. It was a private beach, but I had read that if you eat at the restaurant, they will let you use their beach. When we asked, they were more than happy to let us through! We ate lunch there and had a great time. By the way--we were the only ones on the beach! The bus driver told us were to catch to bus back and we made it in plenty of time!

By far, this was the funnest adventure I have done on Nassau!

1 comments:

Unknown

Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks
excursions in maui

Post a Comment