CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 18, 2012

Saint Augustine, FL March 2012

Roger had a seminar the first weekend in March in Gainesville, Florida.  We flew into Jacksonville and drove the 2 hours to Gainesville.  I had a free night with Hilton at ANY hotel regardless of the cost.  Hilton usually does a Winter promtion where every 4 nights you stay you get a free night.  We had earned one but it expired in April.  I always love to go explore new places so I looked at the most expensive hotel I could find (because it was free) within about 2 hours of Gainesville.  I stumbled across St Augustine, Florida.  I did a little research and it looked like it might be a fun place to visit for a few day.  There was history, a cute town, a draw bridge and a Fort!

Our hotel was the white one with the red balcony!


 Castillo de San Marcos Fort




Our hotel was in the center of town.  It was an old historic building they had converted.  It was very cute and close to everything.  We happen to be there when they reenacting on of the battles that was fought there.  They whole town was dressed up and we became part of the scene!  My dad would have loved this stuff!  If you are ever in that part of Florida, it would certainly worth a visit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment