CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inside, Window, Balcony?


This is always a question of debate amongst all cruisers. So I will give you my feelings. We ALWAYS choose and inside cabin and here is why:
  • It is the cheapest! I would rather go on 2 cruises than 1. It is usually about $200 more per person for a window and goes up from there for a balcony. Save your money for shore excursions.
  • I did not go on a cruise to sit in my room. To us it is a place to store our belongings, get ready and sleep. We always cruise with family or friends and we want to be up on deck with them.
  • When we do sleep--it is very very dark. This has been some of the best sleep of my life.
  • You more centered in the boat and don't feel it rocking as much.
My favorite room is inside middle. I don't really care which floor. The rooms are all the same usually. (Except for the bottom floor in some ships which have bunk beds) The lower you are the more stairs you have to go up to get to the deck. But usually the lower floors have better access to getting on and off this ship.

They do have rooms that are called guarantee rooms. This just means you can't pick your room. They will pick it for you and you might get an upgrade. We did this on our first ship. We were upgraded to a port hole room at the very front of the ship. We could hear the anchor every time it went up and down and the water as the ship cruised along. It was also a little more rocky up at the front. It is not my favorite catagory of room type but I would probably do it again. Since we were cruising with friends, we did request that we be put close together and they honored that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment